|What we've got here is |
failure to communicate.
What happens if a soldier violates general orders relating to COVID-19 precautions? Here's a recent report from Ft. Benning compliments of Military.com:
- On May 1, a private first class received a Field-Grade Article 15 for wrongfully failing to obey curfew hours of 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. and was punished with reduction to E2, forfeiture of $971 in pay, 45 days extra duty and 45 days restriction. The reduction and forfeiture were suspended.
- On June 6, another second lieutenant received a general officer memo of reprimand for traveling to Auburn, Alabama to drink at a bar.
- On June 13, staff sergeant received a field-grade Article 15 administrative punishment for wrongfully traveling to a prohibited place, and was received reduction in rank to E5, 45 days extra duty and an oral reprimand.
- On June 28, a sergeant received a company-grade Article 15 for traveling off post for nonessential activities, and was punished with forfeiture of $674 pay.
- On Aug. 3, a staff sergeant received a company-grade Article 15 for traveling outside of the mileage radius and was punished with forfeiture of $879 in pay and seven days’ extra duty.