Agency France Presse reports mixed results in the court-martial of 29 members of the Democratic Republic of Congo armed forces. The charges arose from a 2012 army operation against rebels in eastern South Kivu Province.
- Lieutenant Colonel sentenced to life
- Corporal sentenced to 10 years
- Soldier sentenced to life for murder; acquitted of rape
- 22 others sentenced to 10-20 years for violating orders, looting, and distributing ammunition, but acquitted of rape
- 13 officers acquitted of dereliction
- 1 defendant held to be outside the court's competence